Thursday, April 26, 2012

French Hospitality at its finest...

My 'French family' was kind enough to host a beautiful dinner for my parents while they were here in Caen. I was a little nervous because it's always nerve-racking to get new people together, especially in a different language, but it ended up being one of the highlights of my parents trip and mine. 

The family pulled out all the French-y stops. The menu was as follows:

L'Apéritif: Champagne and little cooked finger foods 
L'Entrée: Traditional Norman sausage slices, bruschetta and goat cheese bruschetta 
Le Plat Principal: Boeuf bourguignon with cooked vegetables
La Salade
Le Fromage: only the best Norman cheeses and breads!
Le Dessert: crème caramel
Le Café
And of course, wine, wine and more wine! Delish! 

My parents were a HUGE hit with the family and the kids. The kids were literally banging on the windows when my parents left and asking if they could go home with them. They couldn't understand each other, but they felt the love :) My host parents keep telling me that they felt like the dinner was a dream because it was just such a good time. I agree!

The Wrubel's always come donning gifts...Hello Kitty, Ballerina Barbie and the truck were a success


The girls decided to put on a spectacle for the crowd. Tutus and all! Love these little lambs