Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ma Famille Française

Bonjour! Since I have been living here, I have been staying in the garden unit apartment of an amazing French family. Laurent and Myriam are the parents and they have three adorable children named Marine (7), Clara (5) and Arthur (3). I'm still working on saying their names in their proper French-y so that will be a good day when I can do that :)


My apartment is connected to their house through a back staircase so it's the best of all worlds. I get my own space, and a French family to help me figure out the town and with whom to practice my French. Below is a picture of the three little guys eating pizza at my 'dining room' table.


I share my apartment with a Spanish woman named Ana. She could not be nicer and since she speaks French like a native speaker, has been huge help to me. Ana is 27 and is a Spanish teacher here in Caen. She's lived here for about a year so is full of all the important knowledge like which grocery store has the absolute cheapest food and where the best discotheques are...bien sur!