Tuesday, February 7, 2012

C'est Magnifique!

Well, I'm back from Paris and had a wonderful time! How can you not? It's Paris after all! 

While I love Caen because of its own particular feel, Paris has that certain 'je ne sais quoi' that I don't think I will ever find elsewhere. It's hard to articulate, but I really believe that Paris makes one feel simply, alive. Every time I leave Paris I feel full of life and inspired. Inspired to do what, you ask? You choose, but for me, it makes me want to live a good life and look damn good while doing it.

On that note, I put on my chic-est day outfit and hit the streets of Paris!

Step 1: Check into your ultra 'rive gauche' boutique hotel.


Step 2: People watch while drinking and smoking. (Okay, I didn't really smoke, but I sat by people in a cloud of it so it might look like I did)


Step 3: Watch a gypsy feed a swan in the Seine? 

 
Step 4: Visit Musée Carnavalet to see their latest exhibit, Le Peuple de Paris au XIXe Siècle (The People of 19th Century Paris) It was wonderful and I would highly recommend it for anyone visiting Paris. I suggest you go on a Sunday because it is in the Marais district and thus is open on Sundays unlike much of Paris. The picture below is of a permanent statue in the garden of the museum. Voila: http://carnavalet.paris.fr/






Step 5: Meet your Parisian friend for a pre-dinner drink at local brasserie. Romain is my source for all things in-the-know in Paris and I love him for that. He also informed me that Caen is in an area of good summer vacation spots that him and his friends frequent because a true Parisian wouldn't be caught dead in Paris in the summer. Very Hamptons of them...


Until next time Paris!