Thursday, February 2, 2012

Placement Tests, Oral Recitations, Social Security Regsitration, Oh My!


Besides gallivanting around town, I also have been doing real work at the Université de Caen. 


I am currently in the 'orientation week' mode where we take several hours of class a day to test what level of French is appropriate for each foreign student. This is very different than the time I spent studying in Paris because now I am at a big Univeristy where basically, I'm the 'foreign girl' in my classes. It seems a bit odd for that to be my identity, but this is not a town where typically a lot of 'étrangers' live. 

However, I must say that I quite like people being interested in me and my story rather than being so used to 'tourists.' The University is right in the middle of town and allows for a lot of discounts when you show your Caen student card! Next week I get my class schedule so wish me luck!

Tout à l'heure!